14. How long does it take to learn Dutch?
It really depends on:
- your motivation. Why do you want to learn Dutch? What is your goal?
- how much time do you spend watching movies with Dutch subtitles every day?
- how much time do you spend to passive listening to the Dutch radio every day?
- how much time do you spend on building your Active vocabulary every day?
- how many conversations in Dutch do you have every day?
- how you use your native memory to memorize new Dutch words.
- your learning ability. Some people learn faster than others.
You need at least B2 level to feel that you can express yourself freely, explain your emotions or give your opinion on a difficult topic.
How long does it take to learn Dutch?
I will give a guide line, based on my experience with our students (highly educated expats).
|Level of Dutch language||Very fast||Average|
|A1 level beginner||3 months from the start||6 – 9 months|
|A2 level beginner*||6 months from the start||1 – 2 years *|
|B1 level||1 year from the start||3 – 4 years|
|B2 level||1,5 – 2 years from the start||5 – 6 years|
Get Free Dutch Video Lessons
Just sign up below and I’ll send you a weekly e-mail, containing new published free Dutch lessons: